BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

"This Stand"

I don’t know how this will end,
But if this ends badly, with broken hearts,
Let it be mine, cuz I love you too much to hurt you
I swear it, I mean it. don’t ever forget,
The words that I said today
Don’t let them slip away from you
They might be all that we have to keep us together and

Today, I make this stand,
I promise not to walk away from you
And I promise I’ll do
Everything I can to
Make sure you never fall that far again
I know where you’ve been
And I know your faith is wearing thin
But I promise, only you can end this
You’ll see, if you’ll take my hand and go with me
I’ll prove it to you.

I may not be the first to say “I love you”
But I swear I’m the first to really mean it
I’m putting my heart out there
Take it if you care, I wont force you
I only, want you willingly.
So make your choice either way,
And if your scared to stay please understand

I know you’ve fallen before,
And its all due to lies
And compromise
But I’m not like them
I’m nothing like them…

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You broke through your writer's block. :) Actually, blew the wall to smithereens is more like it. haha.
Anyway, I LOVE this song. Good job. :)